Located 120 kilometers to the south-west of Ho Chi Minh city, Mekong Lodge is a little pearl with all the quintessence of Mekong Delta in Vietnam.
Mekong Lodge is definitely an ideal place to escape from the hustle of the city to enjoy a new world, where you can totally relax in the middle of water and lush vegetation. Located in Cai Be, Mekong Lodge offers you a chance to enjoy and experience the most typicals of Mekong Delta, including emdless ricefields, floating market, tropical fruit orchads and tranquil traditional handicraft villages. The lodge is surrounded by numerous rich gardens of rambutan, longan, mango and durian, which makes it look like a small oasis.
As it is nestled in an island on Tien River, you can reach Mekong Lodge from Cai Be Harbor by boat sailing by local people. Mekong Lodge features 30 private alluring bungalows, which are totally made from local materials (including coconut thatched roof, bamboo interiors and wooden furnitures), and a Riverside restaurant in an total area of 12,000 square meters. The architecture of the lodge represents the unique features of traditional cottages in southern rural area of Vietnam. All bungalows are fully equipped with AC, traditional bathtub, solar hot water and modern mattreses.
Mekong Lodge is not only a place for staying, but a place to relax and enjoy with numerous options of activities that you can take part in, namely visiting floating market, cycling, free picking and tasting tropical fruits, catching fishes in the ponds, cooking demonstration and visiting local handicraft villages. At the moment, this is the only eco-resort Mekong Delta and also the first accommodation property in the area to fully engaged in Responsible Tourism.
- Employing only local people and local guides for our service team
- Encouraging travelers to purchase food, drinks, souvenirs, etc produced by locals at a fair price for both sides
- Sourcing local ingredients for all meals provided in our lodge
- Supporting local charity organizations such as schools and training centers for the disadvantaged
- Involving local people in decisions that enhance their well-being
- Providing our employees with good working conditions and equal profit-sharing scheme
- Off-beaten itineraries: allow travelers to feel free to engage in local life, engender respect between tourists and hosts, and builds local pride and confidence.
- The bungalows are made from eco-friendly materials and purposefully designed to produce no waste as well as mitigate its carbon emission to Mekong Delta and its environment
- Utilizing solar energy and rainwater for proper use
- Travelers also involv in responsible tourism activities
- Organizing and taking part in regional environmental campaigns like the yearly “Green Day”, the Earth Hour, etc
- Planted a lot of tree and flower before the lodge construction and continue growing more and more greenery.