Started in June 2014, Mai Chau Ecolodge is a luxurious eco-resort in the Mai Chau valley, Hoa Binh province, where several ethnic groups live together such as Mong, Thais, Tays ... of which Thais are the majority.
Mai Chau Ecolodge is built on 4 criteria:
- In harmony with nature: It is located on the hill of Pompu which gives magnificent views of the rice fields and the mountains and far away from the tourist crowds in the other well-known villages. 43 rooms of the lodge are divided into 3 circles, of which the center is the reception and the swimming pool.
- Environmental protection: During construction, the local criteria were respected and natural materials such as palm leaves, bamboo, wood were kept as much as possible. In the garden, fruit trees, local vegetation are well planted which make the lodge surrounding green & fresh.
- Honoring the local culture: Mai Chau Ecolodge is an alliance between tradition and modernity. Here traditional cultural values are well preserved and put into relationship with those of the present. Its rooms are built in traditional architecture. So far, Mai Chau Ecolodge makes a real old Thai village. You will meet staff in traditional costumes of three ethnic groups: H'mong, Thai and Dzao and admire the decoration of room, reception, bar based on local handicraft details. The cuisine is based on local products with traditional Thais or Vietnamese dishes.
- Responsible tourism: As a player in sustainable tourism, Mai Chau Ecolodge has contributed significantly to the development of the region: 95% of their team on site, or 58 people from neighboring villages. They also carry out humanitarian missions to help disadvantaged people.
The operation principles of Mai Chau Ecolodge are perfectly suited to Asiatica's demands for a high quality product and sustainable travel. So we are happy to recommend this accommodation.
The advantages of Mai Chau Ecolodge:
- Well located in a place away from mass tourism
- Unique Thai Architecture
- The largest and most elegant accommodation in Mai Chau
- 4 star services
- Exceptional local cuisine
- Close to nature
- Sustainable Travel
- Easy to reach other areas such as Hanoi, Halong Bay, Tam Coc.
Activities to recommend:
- Cycling in the surrounding area
- Hiking and trekking
- Cooking lessons
- Traditional dance shows